Sending email from your Google Group
At times, PTA officers will want to send emails out from their office or committee's address. This is especially the case when the officer wants their committee colleague to receive any replies.
Example: Treasurer sends email from firstname.lastname@example.org to Co-Presidents at president@. In turn, President replies to finance@ and email is received by Treasurer, Check Writer, and both members of Deposits Committee.
This can be achieved by doing the following:
- Go to Gmail and log in with your PTA credentials.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right and then click See all settings.
- Click Accounts and click Add another email address in the “Send mail as” section.
- Enter the email address of the Google Group, leave Treat as an alias checked, and click Next step.
- Click the Send Verification button to receive an email confirmation. This message will go to the Google Group.
- Close the window.
- Return to your Google Group (or your Gmail inbox if your Google Group subscription is set to email you) to click the verification link. Click the Confirm button when prompted.
- Now when sending new messages from your Gmail account, you can select either your Gmail account or your Google Group email address as the sender in the From field.
In order to send messages from your Google Group email address while using your mobile device, we recommend downloading the Gmail app (iOS, Google). This function is not available from within an iPhone's standard Mail app.