2021-2022 Abernethy PTA Mini Grants
The PTA’s mission is to advocate in the community and before governmental organizations on behalf of the education, health, safety, and well-being of all children in schools.
To further this mission, the PTA has brought back the Mini Grant program for a fifth year. This year we have $5,000 to fund projects and purchases proposed by faculty, students, staff, and school community members aimed at benefiting students at Abernethy Elementary. These small grants are intended to enrich student experience, deepen learning, and enhance or differentiate classroom instruction.
Last year, grants provided funds for:
- Virtual Writing Festival
- Books for Anti-Racism Library
- Grocery cards for community members in need
- Book collections for several classrooms
- Materials and curriculum for social/emotional development education
If you have an idea which you believe would benefit our Abernethy community, please let us know. Thank you for making Abernethy Elementary a great place to learn and grow.
On behalf of the volunteer Mini Grant Team,
Mark Lawson (Ori - 3rd grade, Bielman; Zev - alum)
Juliet Grey (Julian - 3rd grade, Lannigan)
- Complete online form below.
- The deadline is 5pm on Friday, November 5, 2021.
- We will send you a confirmation email that your application was received.
- The Mini Grant team and a member of the PTA committee will review all applications with the Principal to determine whether alternative funding sources already exist for the proposed project or purchase and help connect applicants to those funds.
- The Mini Grant Committee will then consider the remaining applications and make decisions to award grant funds.
- All applicants will be notified of decisions by November 30, 2021.
- Mini Grant recipients will receive instructions on how to make their proposed purchase(s) or submit a request for reimbursements.
- In the event that funds are not exhausted by January 2022, the Mini Grant team may consider additional requests.
- In March, several grant recipients will be invited to share their Mini Grant experience at the monthly PTA meeting.
- Email any questions or the completed application to PTAMiniGrants@supportabernethy.org