PTA Mini Grants
2019-2020 Abernethy PTA Mini Grants
The PTA’s mission is to advocate in the community and before governmental organizations on behalf of the education, health, safety, and well-being of all children in schools.
To further this mission, the PTA has brought back the Mini Grant program for a third year. This year we have $4,000 to fund projects and purchases proposed by faculty, staff, and school community members aimed at benefiting students at Abernethy Elementary. These small grants are intended to enrich student experience, deepen learning, and enhance or differentiate classroom instruction.
Last year, grants provided funds for:
- A Guest author at Family Literacy Night
- 5th Grade Girls Mural Project
- Printing expenses for The Talon, our student newspaper
- Emergency Water Barrels for Earthquake Preparedness
- Literacy training for three teachers at Columbia Teachers College in New York City
- Movie Event for our Conversations about Race Group
- PA System for PE and Music
- And even more….
Thank you for making Abernethy Elementary a great place to learn and grow.
On behalf of the volunteer Mini Grant Team,
Mark Lawson (Zev 4th Grade – Arthurs; Ori 1st grade – Hurner)
- Fill out the application
- Email completed application to PTAMiniGrants@supportabernethy.org
- The deadline is 5pm Friday, November 1, 2019.
- We will send you a confirmation email that we received your application.
- The Mini Grant team and a member of the PTA committee will review applications with the Principal to determine whether alternative funding sources already exist for the proposed project or purchase and help connect folks to those funds.
- The Mini Grant Committee will then consider the remaining applications and make decisions to award grant funds.
- All applicants will be notified of decisions by November 22, 2019.
- Mini Grant recipients will get instructions on how to purchase or submit a request for reimbursements.
- In the event that funds are not exhausted by January 2019, the Mini Grant team may consider additional requests.
- In March, several grant recipients will be invited to share their experience with the grant’s funds at the monthly PTA meeting.