PTA - Mini Grants
2018-2019 Abernethy PTA Mini Grants
The PTA’s mission is to advocate in the community and before governmental organizations on behalf of the education, health, safety, and well-being of all children in schools.
To further this mission, the PTA has brought back the Mini Grant program for a second year. This year we have $5,000 to fund projects and purchases proposed by faculty, staff and school community aimed at benefiting students at Abernethy Elementary. These small grants are intended to enrich student experience, deepen learning and enhance or differentiate classroom instruction.
Last year, grants provided:
- adult library on class, racism, white privilege,
- ukuleles in the music room,
- sensory seating in many classrooms,
- support for literacy, and
- printing for The Talon, our student newspaper
Thank you for making Abernethy Elementary a great place to learn and grow.
- Fill out the application.
- Email completed application to AbernethyMiniGrant@gmail.com
- The deadline is 5pm Friday, November 16, 2018.
- We will send you a confirmation email that we received your application.
- The Mini Grant team and a member of the PTA committee will review applications with the Principal to determine if there are already existing school funds for the proposed project or purchase and help connect folks to those funds.
- The Mini Grant Committee will consider the remaining applications and make decisions to award grant funds.
- All applicants will be notified of decisions (yes or no) by December 1, 2018.
- Mini Grant recipients will get instructions on how to purchase or submit a request for reimbursements.
- In the event that not all the funds are exhausted by January 2019, the Mini Grant team may consider additional requests.
- In March, several grant recipients will be asked to share about their experience with the grant’s funds at the PTA meeting.