Connect to Kindergarten
Thursday, February 20, 2020 6pm – 7pm
- 5:30 - Sign-in begins
- 6:00 - Presentation
- 6:15 - Classroom visits
About the Event
Connect to Kindergarten is a great opportunity for you to learn about Abernethy and its kindergarten program. At the event you will tour the kindergarten rooms, meet the kindergarten and administrative staff, and register your child for school. With parent volunteers on hand, it is a great chance to ask questions about daily routines, parent involvement, school events, and before/after school care. It is also the perfect time to meet other parents of incoming Abernethy kindergarten students. The more you learn, the more confident you and your child will feel on the first day of school! More general kindergarten information may be found on the official PPS website.
What you need to register
- Proof of age for your child: A birth certificate or similar document will work.
- Two documents showing proof of home address. Examples include utility, mobile, or other recent bills sent to the home address and in the name of a parent/guardian of the student.
- Immunization records. For more information visit the Multnomah Education Service District website.
Deadline for registration:
- Contact the school with any kindergarten questions. Registration packets are available in the main office.
- For more information about enrollment and registration, visit the PPS enrollment page.
- Get a head start and fill out your registration form before your school visit.
Email the PTA's New Family Connections committee.